On Air Now:
Now Playing:Loading...
site loader
January 22, 2024 Akwa Ibom First Lady Pledges Support for Women with Multiple Births

Akwa Ibom First Lady Pledges Support for Women with Multiple Births

Wife of the Akwa Ibom state Governor has announced a cash benefit of N50,000 and N100,000 for Women who give birth to Twins and Triplets respectively in Akwa Ibom state.

The benefit is coming under the Empowerment Programme for Mothers of Multiple Births introduced by the First lady, Mrs Patience Umo Eno.

Unveiling the social investment for Ikot Ekpene senatorial district, she explained that the provision of monthly stipends to the target beneficiaries was to ameliorate affected families’ burden of caring for multiple births.

Mrs. Patience Eno told the Eket district’s mothers of multiple births, “You have seen the goodness and kindness of God. It is worth celebrating and that is why you and I are here today.

“I love twins and triplets that is why I put everything I can into this. I want you to appreciate this love further by loving these children.

“These children will bring you good and they will do you good. The twins and triplets will bring you blessings. With these children, your fame will spread abroad. People will come to respect you because of these babies you are carrying.

Reacting, caretaker Chairman of Ikot Ekpene Local Government, John Etim, hailed the governor’s wife for engaging in consistent social investments.

He noted that it was helping to boost the administration of Governor Eno as impactful and people driven based on Eno’s ARISE Agenda.

The highpoint of the occasion was the sharing of baby packs and cash to the excited beneficiaries by the Mrs Eno and other dignitaries present.

January 17, 2024 Explosion in Ibadan Caused by Dynamite Stored by Illegal Miners – Gov. Seyi Makinde

Explosion in Ibadan Caused by Dynamite Stored by Illegal Miners – Gov. Seyi Makinde

The Governor of Oyo State , Seyi Makinde, in the wake of a massive explosion that rocked Ibadan, the state capital, has confirmed that preliminary investigations by security agencies revealed that the explosion on Tuesday was caused by explosive devices stored by illegal miners.

Government sources confirmed that 2 persons have been confirmed dead while some 77 others are hospitalised following the explosion that also affected a section of the Governor’s Office, Secretariat, Oyo State House of Assembly, the residence of the former Attorney General and Minister of Justice, Chief Bola Ige, some buildings at Ologuneru, Apete, New Garage, Bashorun, Akobo, Sango and Eleyele.

Makinde, who visited the scene of the explosion Tuesday night, said though further investigations were still ongoing and anyone found culpable would be brought to book.

“Preliminary investigations by the security agencies revealed that illegal miners occupying one of the houses in Bodija had stored explosive devices there which caused the blast. The investigations are ongoing. All those found culpable for this will be brought to book,” he posted on his X handle.

The governor urged residents to be calm, noting that rescue operations had already started at the scene of the incident.

Earth-moving equipment, ambulances, emergency lights, and security were deployed to the scene of the incident. The wounded and injured are being treated and moved to public and private hospitals within Ibadan.

“Medical personnel are on standby at these hospitals to provide all needed assistance to the injured. We have visited UCH to see some of those injured during the incident.

“I urge all residents to please call 615 for any emergencies they may be experiencing at this time and to remain calm and stay away from the immediate scene of the incident to allow rescue operations to be carried out without interference,” he added.

January 15, 2024 IPMAN, Major Marketers Seal Deal to Distribute Dangote Fuel

IPMAN, Major Marketers Seal Deal to Distribute Dangote Fuel

The seven major oil marketers in Nigeria and Independent Petroleum Marketers Association of Nigeria; IPMAN have agreed terms with the Dangote Petroleum Refinery for the lifting and distribution of refined petroleum products produced by the $20bn plant.

Dealers under the aegis of the Major Oil Marketers Association of Nigeria confirmed yesterday that with the registration, they would commence the distribution of fuel produced from the facility once the commercial terms are sorted.

Similarly, the Petroleum Products Retail Outlets Owners Association of Nigeria stated that PETROAN had been engaging the management of the multi-billion dollar refinery for the supply of products from the facility.

As IPMAN and PETROAN engage the refinery, major marketers who are members of MOMAN have already registered with the plant and are set to start buying products.

The seven major marketers include 11 Plc, Conoil Plc, Ardova Plc, MRS Oil Nigeria Plc, OVH Energy Marketing Limited, Total Nigeria Plc and NNPC Retail.

On Friday, the Dangote Petroleum Refinery announced the commencement of production of Automotive Gas Oil, also known as diesel, and JetA1 or aviation fuel.

January 5, 2024 Police Dismiss 2 Officers For Armed Robbery and Illegal Duty

Police Dismiss 2 Officers For Armed Robbery and Illegal Duty

The Nigeria Police force has dismissed two of it’s Inspectors, Sunday Adetoye and Ogunleye Stephen, attached to Zone 2 Command Headquarters, Onikan, Lagos, for offences which the zone described as armed robbery, official corruption and illegal duty.

Their dismissal was ordered by the Assistant Inspector-General of Police in charge of Zone 2, Mohammed Ali, at the end of an Orderly Room trial.

Inspectors Adetoye with Force number 279495 and Stephen with Force number 223521, alongside two members of a Vigilante Group, identified as Semiu Afisu and Abidoye Femi, a driver identified as Charles John, reportedly stormed a residence in Obada- Oko community in Ogun State, at about 10 pm, on November 23, 2023.

They were said to have been armed with two Submachine SMG rifles and live ammunition.

They were said to have searched the apartment belonging to one Taiwo Monsuru and Akintola Sunday, without a warrant and made away with five iPhones, one Samsung smartphone, one Tecno smartphone and two laptop computers.

Explaining how they were arrested, the Zonal Public Relations Officer, SP Umma Ayuba, said “Police officers attached to Ifo Division mounted a roadblock after other residents of the apartment informed them of the incident, with the description of the vehicle. That led to the apprehension of the occupants of the vehicle, without ASP Ajayi Victor who led the illegal operation. He is currently at large.

“The AIG has directed that the dismissed officers be charged to court alongside the civilians involved, while he urges all officers and men of the force to remain professional in the discharge of their duties by the law, as anyone found wanting will be accountable for his or her action or inaction.”

Watch Live

 

 

x